Top 3 Villa Holiday Destinations | Do you dream of spending your holiday in a beautiful property, with just your family and friends for company? To not have to sneak out to the poolside to lay down the towels at 6am? To enjoy the pool all by yourself? To be able to have your own home away from home for a week or two? Sounds like a villa would be perfect.
If youâ€™re planning your dream summer holiday for next year, but youâ€™re not sure where to go or stay, these hints and tips will help you decide. There is a lot of stuff to think about when booking villa holidays, such as:
- How many does it sleep?
- Whatâ€™s the weekly rental?
- Where is it?
- Whatâ€™s the local area like?
- How far away is the beach?
- Is there a pool?
- How long does it take to get to the airport?
- What are the kitchen facilities like?
Once you know the answer to those questions, you can start your search for the perfect villa holiday. Choose from our top 3 picks:
1. Costa Blanca
- There are two main beaches; El Portet, a quiet cove with shallow waters and Calpe, which is perfect for watersports.
- Benidorm is home to Terra Mitica, an ancient world theme park, but if youâ€™d prefer the flume to a rollercoaster, try out Aqualandia Park.
- Temperatures typically stay above 25Â°C during the high season, from May to September, with July and August closer to 30Â°C.
- Whether you prefer the sheltered white sands at Playa El Duque, riding the waves at El Madano or simply want to relax on Las Vistas, thereâ€™s something for everyone.
- There is no shortage of things to do in Tenerife; head to Siam Park for a fun-filled day in the water, spot the animals at Loro Park, or take the cable car up the side of a volcano.
- Temperatures hover in the low 20s, until July when it gets really hot. However, it sticks around 28-32Â°C later into the year.
- Choose from three main beaches, Alykanas with soft sands and watersports, or if you donâ€™t mind the pebbles head to Makris Gialos. Finally, Gerakes is perfect for taking in the views and relaxing.
- Â Zante, or Zakynthos, is best known for itâ€™s beach holidays so jump on a boat to the Blue Caves, go turtle spotting on the south coast or dive down to see the shipwreck at Smugglerâ€™s Cove.
- For hot summer sun, head to this Greek island in July and August, but temperatures will hover above 25Â°C until October.