Checklist For A Perfect Caravan Camping Trip | Planning on a camping trip in a caravan? Well, if not then you should, because it gives you complete control over your holiday that you most certainly deserve. Caravan camping allows you to decide when you want to eat or sleep and wakeup, where you want to go and what you want to do, activities that are otherwise limited and would have boundaries if you go on a camping trip without a caravan. You can choose from a wide range of places from parks to city outskirts to camp at and attend festivals, carnivals, and BBQs. The most distinct feature of a caravan camping is that it offers campers with a certain amount of safety which might be absent during regular camping activities. However, before you gear up here are some points you need to check off in your list for your own good:
- Choosing a caravan: Looking for a perfect caravan company is like searching for that perfect house that you have dreamt for a long time. It is not an easy job by any means. Remember your caravan will be your house for as long as you are out there. So make sure that it comes fully equipped with whatever you might require to provide you with all the comforts while allowing you to enjoy and relax. Usually people choose the conventional single axis caravan. You can either buy a caravan or hire one depending upon how often you would go camping. If you are inclined on buying one but you think that they may cost you an arm and a leg, then do not worry, they are not as costly as you might think. If you do your research properly you might get lucky with a really good deal.
- Insurance: Once you choose your caravan or have your mind set on one, make sure that it is completely insured. Remember, it will be your home away from home, housing and sheltering you and your belongings. Before hiring your caravan make sure to read all the terms and conditions of its insurance. If your perfect caravan is not insured and you require to insure it, then do not delay. Making sure that your caravan is completely insured can make your caravan camping even more fun and safe.
- Location: Finding your camping site is always your choice, however, remember that caravan camping sites vary in both size and facilities that they feature. However, make sure that they have all the necessary mod-cons available like Wi-Fi hotspot, battery charging facilities and the likes.
- Pitch: Select your individual pitch very carefully no matter where you want to camp. Make sure you decide whether you want to be near or far away from the amenity block and other facilities. It could be convenient to be near them rather than far away especially during the nights. However, it will be equally noisy and bustling because people will be walking around your pitch all day long. You might also want to pitch near the play areas if you have children with you. This way you will be able to monitor their activities from your camp. Make sure to choose a flat ground to pitch if possible and also check the surrounding water supply availability before pitching.
- Towing: Make sure you practice towing your caravan around your driveway! Theyâ€™re harder to manoeuvre than they look.
Caravan camping is probably the safest way of enjoying and having fun while camping with friends and family. However, having a checklist with you before you make any decision is extremely important because your convenience and safety measures with thoughtful planning can exponentially escalate thus making it more relaxing for you.